Friday, February 19, 2010

Southern Correctional Inst. (womens)

Tamara reports:

Yesterday I went to Southern Correctional in Troy, NC to help with their dance ministry. They practice on Thursdays and it is an incredible blessing to watch them rehearse and also give some instruction.
I have been teaching them a dance to the song, "Show Me Your Way." One of the ladies was getting released soon and she was so excited about doing the dance. She ran over to me at the end of practice and said, "dancing to that song made me feel alive again, thank you, thank you!" Another lady kept saying, "I love that song - I don't know why I like it so much."

One of the lines in the song is "the cry of my heart is to love you more." I replied that it's because that truly IS the cry of your heart and God knows that - He sees that cry of your heart and it is beautiful to him. I couldn't stop worshipping God driving home and all afternoon.

If you, or anyone you know. would like to help give this kind of instruction to the ladies at Southern, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment